CUSTOMERS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS CLEARING THE RESTRICTED ITEMS SHOWN BELOW THROUGH
CUSTOMS AND SIGNIFICANT LOSS AND DAMAGE HAVE BEEN REPORTED.
- Passport (original)
- Residence Visa and rental contract
- Residence Permit
- Work Permit
- Descriptive Inventory (showing contents of all cartons PBO Packed by Owner and misc. miscellaneous not acceptable)
- House lease contract (copy) if available -Children Admission to school certificate (copy) if available
- Returning Jordanians may import used household goods and personal effects duty-free provided the goods have been used by the customer prior to import, be for the customers continued use, and be consistent with the customers standing
- Used household goods are subject to duty
- Shipment must arrive within six months of customer
- All shipments inspected
- Electrical appliances, radio sets, musical instruments and carpets
- New and some used furniture
- New items
- Refrigerators, carpets, washing machines, microwave ovens
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED
- Weapons and ammunition
- Alcoholic beverages
- Wireless equipment (CB, walkie talkies)
- *ALL PRINTED MATTER, BOOKS, PICTURES, RECORDS, FILMS, TAPES, SLIDES, MOVIES, VIDEOS, COMPACT DISCS, COMPUTER SOFTWARE, ETC. ARE SUBJECT TO CENSORSHIP AND CONFISCATION (MUST BE PACKED SEPARATELY FOR EASY ACCESS)
- Highly taxed, according to owners immigration status
- Vehicles five years old or older not permitted
- Documents required:
- Any passenger car operating on diesel is NOT ALLOWED , Also the car older than 5 Years also NOT ALLOWED
- If the cnee were duty exempt (i.e. a diplomat) then the car would be tax exempt as well.
- If the cnee is a foreigner, is not tax exempt, and the car is registered in his/her name, then the vehicle can be imported on a temporary entry basis for 3 months. After 3 months, the temporary entry plates can be renewed for an additional 3 months, after which the car would have to leave the country. Otherwise, if the cnee is in Jordan for longer than 6 months, and does not have tax exemption status, then he/she are allowed to bring their vehicle into the country, but they would have to pay full customs duties.
- If the cnee is a returning Jordanian then s/he would have to pay customs duties in all cases
- unless the Same car was exported earlier from Jordan (all customs duties paid), and is now being reimported.
Important:This information is intended for general guidance. Forward Van Lines Internationalcannot take responsibility for any errors or oversights or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. It is advisable to contact the Japanese Office at http://www.miami.us.emb-japan.go.jp/en/about.html for more information prior to your shipping.