ITEMS NOT ALLOWED
Firearms, swords, narcotics, pornographic magazines/photographs/films, pictures or sculpture, special animals and vegetable (animal and vegetable quarantine to be required).
- Declaration of Accompanied Personal Effects and Unaccompanied Articles supplied in aeroplane or at arrival airport. This form must be declared to airport customs and must be authorized with customs officers stamp. The Declaration should be completed by property owner in filling up the items/number of packages, and so forth. This Declaration is required by customs officer at clearance. (Very important and only one chance to declare).
- Passport Copy face, more than one year stay visa in Japan and entry dated stamp for the proof of above declaration.
- Packing List (inventory) in English or Japanese.
- Keys if suitcases or trunks are locked.
- Disembarkment / Arrival Stamp
Limit for exemption of import duty (per adult) Combines quantity for both accompanied and unaccompanied baggage lump sum.
Alcoholic beverage : 3 bottles
Cigars : 100 pieces for non-resident (in case there is no other kind of tobacco)
Cigarettes : 400 pieces for non-resident (id.)
Pipe tobacco etc. : 500 gs for non-resident (in case there are more than 2 kinds of tobacco, up to 500gs. in total weight) Perfume : 2 oz.
Tax on Alcohol
Whisky: ¥600/bottle (750 cc)
Gin/Liquor: ¥375/bottle (750 cc)
Wine: ¥150/bottle (750 cc)
Brandy: ¥560/bottle (700 cc)
Qualified tax free entry per family provided that:
- Working Visa in Japan.
- C-5360-2 was declared.
- Registration certificate by shipper name.
- Bill of Sale or receipt.
- Alien Registration Card
- Original Passport
- Customs Form 1280 (3 copies)
After customs clearance, car must be modified to meet Japanese exhaust emission and safety regulation, said SHAKEN (Japanese car registration) is very expensive for non Japanese car to be examined and registered.
Cats & Dogs
Need certificate of vaccination which must be dated not less than 30 days but not more than 6 months before the entry into Japan. The period of stay at the Animal Quarantine kennel at Airport for inspection is 14 days but may differ according to the country of origin, plus health certificate.
Important:This information is intended for general guidance. Forward Van Lines Internationalcannot take responsibility for any errors or oversights or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. It is advisable to contact the Japanese Office at http://www.miami.us.emb-japan.go.jp/en/about.html for more information prior to your shipping.